The stories about the sites featured are based on a variety of sources - local histories, township histories, details from the LACAC files of the Town of Seaforth, Tweedsmuir Histories, newspaper articles, church histories, websites, and stories provided by property owners. The historical photographs are from the collections of the Seaforth & Area Museum, The Huron County Museum & Historic Goal, published township histories, and private collectors.
- Historical Atlas of the County of Huron, Ontario, Illustrated. Belden, H. & Co. Toronto: 1879; offset edition, Owen Sound: Richardson, Bond & Wright Ltd., 1972.
- Broadfoot, Rev. James R. An Historical Sketch of St. Thomas Anglican Church. Seaforth: St. Thomas Anglican Church, 1980.
- The Brussels Post, June 28, 1972, Brussels Centennial, 1872-1972.
- Campbell, Isabelle. The Story of Seaforth. Seaforth: Huron Expositor, 1966. See also the companion Index by Robert J. Graham Desktop Publishing.
- Campbell, Isabelle. From Forest to Thriving Hamlets. Seaforth: Huron Expositor, 1968.
- Campbell, Isabelle. A History of Tuckersmith. Seaforth: Huron Expositor, 1973.
- The Citizen, July 1, 1987. A Salute to the 115th Anniversary of Brussels.
- The Egmondville Church Centennial Celebration 1835-1935.
- Engel, Marilyn. Grey Township and Its People. Cranbrook: Engel, 1982. See also the companion Index by Robert J. Graham Desktop Publishing.
- Gropp, Bonnie & Janice Becker. Our Story – From Ainleyville to Brussels, 1872-1997. Blyth: Blyth Printing, 1997.
- Grummett, Mrs. Joseph, ed. A History of McKillop. Seaforth: Huron Expositor, 1967.
- Hill, Nicholas. Historic Streetscapes of Huron County. London: Middlesex Printing, 1981.
- Historical Sketch – Brucefield United Church, 1876-1951.
- The Huron Expositor, October 31, 1968, 100th Birthday Issue; April 17, 1975, Centennial Supplement; June 26, 1975, Centennial Supplement.
- Huron County Historical Notes – various articles were consulted, for example, Place and Post Office Names in Huron, Celebrating first wheat grown in Huron, First survey across Huron Tract, The Railways of Ontario, Huron County Libraries, Huron County and the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan.
- Kirby, Jeanne. Morris Township, Past to Present. Clinton: Clinton Commercial Printers, 1981.
- The North Huron Citizen, Vol. 12 No. 26, June 26, 1996; Vol. 15 No. 51, Dec. 29, 1999, Out of the Past.
- Robinson, Dean. Seaforth Beginnings. Erin: Boston Mills Press, 1987.
- Scott, Samuel J. Musings – On the Sesquicentennial of the arrival of Roxboro in 1833. Seaforth: Tremeer Commercial Printers, 1983.
- A Souvenir of Seaforth, Canada. Toronto: The Grip Printing and Publishing Co. for Winter & Henderson, Seaforth, c. 1900.
- Stanley History Committee. History of the Township of Stanley, 1836-1986. Zurich: AB Printing, 1987.
- Sutherland, James. Sutherland’s County of Huron Gazetteer and General Directory for 1869-70. Hamilton: Sutherland, 1869.
- The Toronto Mail, June 4, 1892, Town of Seaforth – Persevering, Prosperous and Progressive.
- Tweedsmuir History - Majestic Women’s Institute (Brussels), Vol. I at Brussels Public Library, Vols. II-IV are held by the MWI; Ethel Women’s Institute, Collection of the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol.
- Whilsmith, Gwyneth J., ed. Tuckersmith Memories 1835-1985. Township of Tuckersmith, 1985.
- Zehr, Douglas J. Catching A Vision, the first ten years of Brussels Mennonite Fellowship.
- Barlow, William. Everything for the Roadmaker: illustrated history – 1875 to 1945. Auburn: Possibilities, 1991.
- Beckman, Margaret and Stephen Langmead, John. The Best Gift: A record of the Carnegie Libraries in Ontario. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1984.
- Bumstead, J.M. The Peoples of Canada – A Pre-Confederation History. Toronto: Oxford, 1992.
- Cathcart, Ruth. How Firm a Foundation: Historic Houses of Grey County. Wiarton: Red House Press, 1996.
- Coleman, Thelma. The Canada Company. Stratford: County of Perth and Cumming Publishers, 1978.
- Cruikshank, Tom. Old Ontario Houses – Traditions in Local Architecture. Willowdale: Firefly Books, 2000.
- Kalman, Harold. A Concise History of Canadian Architecture. Toronto: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Lee, Robert C. The Canada Company and the Huron Tract, 1826-1853 - Personalities, Profits and Politics. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 2004.
- Maitland, Leslie. Queen Anne Revival Style in Canadian Architecture. Ottawa: National Historic Parks and Sites, 1990.
- MacRae, Marion and Anthony Adamson. The Ancestral Roof – domestic architecture of Upper Canada. Toronto: Clarke, Irwin & Co. Ltd., 1963.
- MacRae, Marion. Hallowed Walls – Church Architecture of Upper Canada. Toronto: Clarke, Irwin & Co., 1975.
- Scott, James. The Settlement of Huron County. Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1966.
- Thompson, Elizabeth, ed. The Emigrant’s Guide to North America. Toronto: Natural Heritage Books, 1998.
- White, Randall. Ontario 1610-1985 – A political and economic history. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1985.
- Huron County Historical Notes, available on CD from the Heritage and Culture Partnership, Huron County Tourism Assoc, Goderich.
Huron East http://www.huroneast.com
A Brief History of Firefighting http://www.brockvillefire.ca
Dictionary of Canadian Biography http://www.biographi.ca
Huron County Tourism http://www.hurontourism.on.ca
Heritage and Culture Partnership http://www.heritageandculture.on.ca
Ontario's West Coast http://www.ontarioswestcoast.com
Ontario Architecture http://www.ontarioarchitecture.com