2018 Municipal Election
Welcome to the Huron East 2018 Municipal Elections page.
The 2018 Municipal Election will be held on Monday, October 22, 2018.
Information will be updated and added periodically as it becomes available, check this page often for updates regarding the 2018 Municipal Election.
The Huron East 2018 Municipal Election will be conducted using Internet and Telephone Voting. You will be able to cast your vote at any time during the voting period beginning Friday, October 5, 2018 at 4:30 pm and ending Monday, October 22, 2018 at 8:00 pm. The electronic methods of voting will make it more convenient, accessible and flexible for electors to participate in the election process. Please see the below videos for demonstration on how this will work.
Anyone who wishes to be a candidate must file a Nomination Paper. Nominations will be received by the Clerk starting May 1, 2018 up until Nomination Day on July 27, 2018 at 2:00 pm at the Huron East Municipal Office. Please note that no campaigning can take place until nomination papers have been filed with the Clerk. Forms will be available in April, 2018.
Unofficial List of Candidates - follow this link for more information
- PR Form 1 - Nomination Paper
- Form 2 - Endorsement of Nomination
- Candidates' Guide
- PR Form 4 - Financial Statement - Auditors Report
- EL 18(A) - Declaration of Qualified Candidate - Municipal
- EL 18(A) - Declaration of Qualified Candidate - School Trustee
- LC 23 - Notice of Estimated Maximum Campaign Expenses
- LC 02 - Notice of Collection/Consent to Release Personal Information
- Huron East Election Procedure Manual
Note: The following forms need to be returned and signed in front of the Clerk:
- PR Form 1 - Nomination Paper and Form 2 Endorsement of Nomination
- EL 18 (A) or (B) - Declaration of a Qualified Candidate
- LC 02- Notice of Collection/Consent to Release Personal Information
Candidate Information Session
Am I on the Voter’s List?
Electors may confirm that they are on the Voters’ List and verify their information by:
- Using the online tool VoterLookup.ca starting March, 2018,
- Contacting the Clerk’s Office, starting September 4, 2018, or
- By visiting the Municipal Office during the Voting Period
The following document outlines the 2018 Election processes for both candidates and electors.
The following document outlines the 2018 Municipal Election Accessibility Plan